Saturday 21 July 2012

Its the simple things

I spent a little time deciding on what I was going to cook on Friday night. I wanted something that didnt give off the "died vibe" because it was for me and my boyfriend. After a little while scouring through some recipe websites (something I did before I went on a diet because for some reason I hate cooking but adore looking at recipes and cooking programs) I came up with a low calorie version of jambalaya. It looked like a pretty easy cook and something I know that my other half would love. All I had to do was ensure that the amount of cayenne pepper I added was as mild as mild can be.

Safe to say that I totally failed on that front. Whilst I could barely eat a few mouthfuls the boyfriend managed to yam his and the rest of mine :P on the plus side he loved it. Which is essentially why I cook in the first place but it meant that I was sat there with no food eaten and still hungry as hell. Taking into account that I didnt use my lunch calories earlier in the day (combination of late lunch and me figuring that I might as well just eat my afternoon snack instead) I wanted to go for something a little crazy. In the end I had swiss cheese and chorizo sandwich on tiger bread. Oh my days. It was just devine.

In my previous entry I was saying just how I rely on food heavily to make me feel good and to satisfy me in some way. Well last night was no exception. That sandwich was almost like a loving hug, it lifted my mood, it made me feel amazing and afterwards I managed to have great sleep. Its going to be very hard to diet whilst I still rely on these kind of feelings from food. I do adore vegetables but there is no way that a 500 calorie veggie and protein healthy meal is going to make me feel as amazing as that damn sandwich did >.<

Oh well. Still onwards, still upwards. I managed to have the sandwich and still stay even with calories which I think is a bit of a success. Also; no hunger. :) love how yesterday I had my snack for lunch and I was totally happy with that! Its certainly not something I want to make a habit of but its nice to know that cutting down even more calories is certainly something thats doable! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment